From:
C Reeves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:41:50 -0400
Stephen,

That's a great poem to make a point with, but I'm curious as to why one side
or the other gets to claim its point.  I draw another conclusion from
Whitman's words -  that despite how much we know about our universe it is
still awe inspiring.

Thus is born the feelings of religion - awe, wonder, desire for a certain
connectivity with it all.

We've been to the moon, taken pictures, brought back souvenirs, and might go
back, but it is still a huge rock following our planet through the void and
we have no idea exactly where it came from.  That's freaking cool!  I love
it.  I love that we haven't figured that one out.

Just because we know how a movie is made doesn't mean we won't go watch
them.  There is still that early man in all of us that allows us to still
look at our world and go, "wow."  Blame it all on God or physics or a flying
Spaghetti Monster, we are surrounded by an incredible environment.

Enjoy it,

Christopher