From:
Joe Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:11:54 -0700
Hi Anne -

We have the same problem at our place. The best solution I've seen yet is
at Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum in Canyon TX. Of course theirs is a
complete custom built system that cost a gazillion bucks, but the heart of
it is upright pieces of steel mesh decking that allows infinite variety of
hanger locations and occupies minimal floor space. They even slide in and
out on tracks so that one is only 3-4" from the next.

I was thinking that I could get the steel mesh (or even chain link fencing)
pretty cheap and make my own sliding system with overhead pipes.  Might not
work for you, but it's a thought.

Michael Grauer, Curator of Art at Panhandle might be worth talking to...
I'm forwarding your message to him.

Good luck!

Joe Clay, Director of Programs
Koshare Indian Museum