From:
"Scott D. Peters" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:07:14 -0400
MUSEUM-L Digest - 3 Jun 2003 to 4 Jun 2003 (#2003-151)For what it's worth,

Buckalew and its many variations is a common family name in central New
Jersey.
as you dig farther back, you may likely find a link to NJ somewhere.
Monmouth and Middlesex Counties had plenty of Buckalews.

Scott D. Peters
Research Director/Archivist
Ocean County Historical Society
26 Hadley Ave., P.O. Box 2191
Toms River, NJ 08754-2191
(732) 341-1880

"Telling the Stories of Ocean County"

Historically Speaking
ALHFAM -FPIPN vice-chair for trivia, errata and miscellany

"The ordinary distinctions in society are often vague, and imply no just
pre-eminence: rank and titles are
adventitious things and instead of designating merit or virtue, are
frequently the baubles of imbecility, or
the sparkling decorations of meretricious pageantry"

William Griffith, on behalf, and by order of the New-Jersey Society for
promoting the gradual Abolition
of Slavery, Twelfth Month (December) 20th, 1803