From:
Robert Mac West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:52:52 EDT
Informal Science, Inc. announces the publication of the first (Summer 1998)
issue of the Children’s Museums Traveling Exhibitions Report.  This is a
specialized version of our traveling exhibition database which contains
descriptions and rental information about traveling exhibitions on many topics
of particular interest to children’s museums and related organizations.

The 49 entries in the first issue are drawn from a database Informal Science
has developed over the last five years.  We have separated the children’s
museum exhibits in response to many inquiries from museums seeking smaller,
less expensive exhibitions which are oriented toward younger children and
people with specific interests in children’s issues.

A subscription to the print version (two issues, Summer and Winter) is $15.00
($18.00 in Canada; $21 other international); the electronic version, to be
available shortly on the ISI web page, includes twelve-month full access for
$30.00.

We also are seeking to expand this database and publication.  If you wish to
list an exhibition with us - at no cost - please provide us with necessary
data.  If you know of others who have suitable exhibits, please ask them to
contact us.  We want this listing to be as comprehensive and useful as
possible.

Information, subscription forms, and data forms can be obtained from Informal
Science., Inc. at 202/362-5823, fax 202/362-3596 or email [log in to unmask]
Our web page will soon be functioning at www.informalscience.com.

Mac West
Informal Science, Inc.
Washington, DC