From:
Maria Lizzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 12:43:38 -0500
Grrr....I saw Bob Vila groping the furniture and fixtures of many beautiful
Northeastern homes!  As an interpreter at Olana, the last sight shown, I was
shocked and horrified to watch Vila doing things that I spend the entire tour
season trying to stop our visitors from doing.  In bringing these beautiful
homes to the public's attention, Vila should make an effort to also show the
proper behavior of a guest.  It would make my job a lot easier (!!) and not
give our vistors unrealistic expectations.  I would also like to point out
that in the case of Olana neither of the individuals who gave the tour are
actually employed at the sight and our staff had very little involvement with
the actual filming...

Maria Lizzi