From:
Christian Trabue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:37:48 -0800
Before I begin let me just point out that there is a
list of sites below that have some fabulous jobs on
them.  Good luck

I have read several message about people looking for
art history jobs.  I too have been looking for quite
some time.  I have an M.A. in art history, I know
Microsoft Word, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, Blackbaud's
Raisers Edge, I can design websites, I have had
freelance jobs working for an art appraiser, a
historic home, and I worked for an art and framing
gallery for 3 years.  I have fabulous references too.
Despite all of this I have not gotten ONE interview.
Is it my resume?  No, I had a fabulous museum
professional from this list and a friend who works in
an HR department help me with that.  Is it my
personality?  I guess not since I haven't gotten an
interview.  Believe me people, it is a competitive
field.  Below is a list of sites I have compiled.  I
check each of these sites every few days for jobs.  I
particularly like the Aviso and MERC sites.  Good luck
on your search for a job.
Oh, one more thing.  Recently two of my good friends
got jobs in the field.  Although neither one of them
had an M.A. one got a job as an assistant educator and
the other got a job as the HEAD of a historic home.
Both of these people got their jobs because of a
connection.  Therefore, if you are pursuing an M.A.
don't think that this means you will find a job right
out of grad school.  In my experience it is usually
those who get out there and meet people and make
connections that get the jobs.  I am working on it
myself.
www.artswire.org/current/jobs.html
http://www.arts.state.tx.us/templates/jobpage.asp

www.museum-employment.com/jobindex.html
http://art.nmu.edu/department/AD_Career-Jobs.html
www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/jobsp.htm#leic
http://aviso.aam-us.org/cgi-bin/aam/classifieds.cgi
www.museumjobs.com
www.globalmuseum.org
www.arts.state.tx.us/templates/jobpage.asp?

www.artstaffing.com/welcome.htm

--- Bethany Sandone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<DIV>
<DIV>Hello everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
I've been reading the newsgroups e-mails for some time
now but have yet to write one myself.&nbsp; Let me
start off like most do and introduce myself.&nbsp; I'm
a May 2000 graduate from Mary Baldwin College.&nbsp; I
have a BA in Arts Management (Fine Art) and an almost
minor in Historic Preservation.&nbsp; Unfortunately, I
cannot find a job in my field.&nbsp; I had two
wonderful internships with The Staunton/Augusta Art
Center and The Beverley Street Studio
School.&nbsp;(Someone suggested before that
internships where key to&nbsp;beefing up a
resume)&nbsp;I also have a lot of customer service
experience, ie I'm somewhat of a people person.&nbsp;
And am very good with computers.&nbsp; However,
whenever I apply for even an assistant position I got
shot down.&nbsp; I get offered ticket booth, gift shop
and telemarketing jobs.&nbsp; Right now I'm substitute
teaching to pay my bills, and I went ahead and took
the Praxis II for Art Education.&nbsp; I might just be
at my wits end before long.&nbsp; I've been toying
around with the idea of grad school.&nbsp; Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp; (Sorry
for all the whining)&nbsp; If anyone would like to see
my resume, e-mail me back and I'd be happy to forward
it.&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Bethany A. Sandone<BR><BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer
at <a

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
obtain detailed information about the listserv
commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the message
should read "help" (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] .
The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L"
(without the quotes).