From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:58:24 -0700
I received rather pithy feedback to my last post and
need to make a clarification and then a revision to my
comments.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is
a subset of the Department of Justice (DOJ).  The EEOC
administers Title I (employment) cases of the ADA.

The Department of Justice is responsible for Title II,
access, cases.

In any event, there have been a number of challenges
to Title I in the last two years, but Title II has
held up fairly well.  However, in the very recent
past, three Appellate Courts have generated anti-Title
II rulings when it comes to states being sued.

Regrettably, my Yahoogroups archives are down this
minute, or I would produce the names of the Circuits.
If you are in a hurry for such information, you may be
able to query on FindLaw  http://www.findlaw.com

A good many of you know that Indigo Nights is not my
real name; it is simply the pseudonym I have used on
this list for nigh on four years.  When I first
arrived here, I was using Indigo for Title I research
and mail management.  In order to glean information
critical to my employment status without exposing
myself to further harm, I simply became Indigo so that
I could get assistance without fear of recrimination.

The web has many eyes.  Though I long ago successfully
resolved that matter, it was simply easier to stay
Indigo here because that's what many of you had come
to know me as, and I've become quite comfortable in
that capacity.  In cases where Indigo has been used,
those with whom I feel most comfortable have more
identifying information and, for the rest, there
really is no need to provide additional data.  It
makes my offerings no less valid.

I hope that clarifies the concerns upon which I was
just challenged.

=====
Indigo Nights