From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 06:46:49 -0400
The author of this note may wish to investigate the applicability of
copyright law to items of functional design.  Copyright cannot extend to
the functional elements of items like furniture -- only to those aspects of
design that can be isolated from functionality. The author may wish to
consult his copyright attorney, but certain designs, inasmuch as they
cannot be separated from their function -- and this may include modernist
furniture -- may not be copyrightable, making such agreements as that cited
below unsupportable in court.

Robert Baron