From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:02:35 -0400
In my experience, the only time you need to restrict a donation is when you
ask for a specific item or for a specific fund. For example, if you are
raising funds for a new LCD projector those funds need to go for that
expenditure and some directly related costs (e.g. replacement bulbs, etc.),
or if you are raising funds for the restoration of the ship's figurehead you
need to sequester those funds. As is stated in you post you say that a
donation to the "operating fund" will result in "educational programs," if
that is what your literature says, you are actually asking money for the
operating funds, with the donation having a projected effect on educational
programming. Your treasurer is needlessly worried.
Cheers, -Nick