Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:28:38 -0400
My knowledge of this is based on California and Federal law dictating
archaeological finds, so it may not be exactly on target for where this
woman lives. I would advise her to call the State Historic Preservation
Office (SHPO). They should be able to give her (correct) direction on what
should be done with both the bowl and the remains. Because she is not
positive that the remains were found with the bowl, the county coronor may
need to be brought in to make a determination as to their age. If they are
prehistoric, the SHPO should be able to find the most likely descendant (or
tribe) for repatriation.

Kim Popetz