From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 04:27:11 UT
EXACTLY, i'm certainly not saying that you must change old numbers. my god,
what an effort!  those with alpha characters in the number may pose an
intriguing problem depending on how the system is set up to handle the unique
field.  but nothing that can't be overcome from the db design point of view.
just to reiterate my opinion, let's get off of relying on those numbers to
reflect something useful in terms of information.  since we can sort and
filter and query data in so many ways now in order to make useful information
out of it, we shouldn't care how the records are individualized.  AS LONG AS
THEY ARE.

Gary Acord
Acord Information Managment