From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 05:55:31 -0700
A few people have mentioned that they are using dedicated e-mail programs and
are not able to do a terminal session. I will always try to track down the
source and complain to the Internet Service Provider hosting the account that
originated the SPAM.

The recent SPAM was from a company that specializes in bulk e-mail, so I really
don't expect any action to be taken by the the ISP.

What I will do is begin to post contact information on each SPAM posted to the
list and subscribers who wish can contact the ISP and complain. As long as
there is money to be made people will continue to post unwanted, off-topic,
commercial messages. When these folks start losing money then they will cease.

And, sorry to point this out Jay, but the way Museum-L is set up, a reply
instead of a reply-to-all will still send a message to the list. Since you are
using a Mac (my CPU of choice) cut and paste is real easy for e-mail addresses.
Your stop spam message did make it to the entire list.

--john chadwick