From:
Christian Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 14:30:40 -0400
Hello all--I noticed this in the local paper and am posting it as a service to
those on the list who may be looking for jobs.  Please do not respond to me as
I know nothing about the position other than what was in the classified ad,
which I have retyped below.  Good luck to those who may apply!

Museum Collections Assistant, Petersburg Museums, Petersburg, VA

The Museum Collections Assistant will perform responsible paraprofessional work
assisting the Curator of Collections with the maintenance, care, and
documentation of the historic artifacts and exhibitions in the Petersburg
Museums; does related work as required.

Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to
graduation from high school supplemented by college courses in history, art
history, or museum studies and one year of collections management experience
preferred.

Special requirements: Possession of a valid appropriate driver's license issued
by the Commonwealth of Virginia.  Final applicants will be required to submit
an updated DMV driving record and submit to a criminal background check.

Hourly rate: $8.70

Closing date: September 12, 2003.  Submit application and/or resume and
requests for needed accomodations to the City of Petersburg, Human Resources
Department, 103 W. Tabb Street, Petersburg, VA, 23803.  EOE.

Christian Carr
Acting Director, Sweet Briar Museum
Assistant Professor, Arts Management
Sweet Briar College