From:
Susannah West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:41:03 -0400
I can't speak for other museums, but our attendance has been slowly but
steadily increasing  for the past ten years. ( I recently went through our
visitors logs from  1994 to 2003.)  I would hope that this increase could in
part be due to better PR on our part,but I bet that the Internet has a lot
to do with it too.  Many Underground Railroad sites mention  the Rankin
House, and John Rankin's Underground Railroad activites.  Also, with the
opening of the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati,
Ohio this month, we're already seeing people who have decided to visit
because they've learned about Rankin through the Freedom Center.

Susannah West
John Rankin House
Ripley, Ohio