From:
"Jay M. Price" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 14:54:05 -0700
Dear folks,

First, I'd like to introduce myself.  I am a second year Ph.D. student
at Arizona State University with a B.A. from UNM and an M.A. from William
and Mary. I am in the public history program with a focus on public
policy. I look forward to hearing more of the discussions on this list.

Second, one of my professors has suggested that I look into the subject of
parks and the British Empire. My first job is to find out who the main
authors are today on the subject, as well as find out what some of the "classic
texts" are. I am thinking of looking at how public parks emerged
in Britain and how a British concept of parks (if such a thing there be) was
implemented/altered in Canada, India, Australia, Africa, etc.  It was suggested
that some people on this list could be of help. Any suggestions, either on
who to read or on how to better frame this issue, would be appreciated.
Thanks ahead of time.

Jay

Jay M. Price
1215 E. Vista Del Cerro # 1082 S.
Tempe, AZ  85281
(602) 858-9556

"Separate thyself from thine enemies, and take heed of thy friends."
          Ecclesiasticus 6:13.