From:
Margit Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:50:16 -1000
Aloha all...

For the fifth year our Rainbow Advantage Program at the University of
Hawai'i, in collaboration with K-12 schools, the Bishop Museum in
Honolulu, and this year in collaboration with students at the U of
Southern Maine, 5-6th graders from Gorham, Maine and the Portland (Maine)
Museum of Art will be presenting an exhibit.

This year's exhibit is titled:  _Celebrations:  Windows Into Culture_ and
will feature approximately 50 hangings (each being 28 inches wide, 12 feet
long), each representing a particular celebration and
the originating culture.  The individual hangings will be constructed by
teams of students in Hawai'i and Maine.  A pre-opening of the exhibit will
be in early April at the Portland Museum of Art, after which those
hangings will be shipped to Honolulu for the grand opening at the Bishop
Museum on April 20.

This project, called Collaboratory, (see http://www.rap.hawaii.edu
for details and prior exhibits) has opened at the Bishop Museum for the
past four years.  It has been a delight to the community.  This year, we
decided to reach out across America and work with students in Maine and
make the exhibit such that it can travel around the country.  By doing so,
we hope to encourage other museums to join us in this collaborative effort
for the next years.

If anyone is interested in making arrangements to have our exhibit come to
your museum, please contact me.  (all information is in my signature)

Aloha....margit

....the reason angels fly is because they take themselves so lightly...

     margit misangyi watts, director       phone:  (808) 956-4040
                                             fax:  (808) 956-3731
     RAINBOW ADVANTAGE/FRESHMAN SEMINARS   email:  [log in to unmask]
     university of hawai'i at manoa
     2500 campus road  room 21             http://www.rap.hawaii.edu
     honolulu, hawai'i  96822              http://walden3.mhpcc.edu/moo/