From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 09:28:05 +0100
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Robert Aston wrote:

> Pour les americaines de Museum-L, en anglais s'il vous plait.
>
> Merci,
>
> Robyn
Briefly!!

Joern Borchert is asking for information re an exhibition about
re-establishing French-German relations after World War II: objects,
people, books, previous exhibitions, institutions/organisations etc.

I replied pointing out that the earliest attempts were at a very local
level - town and village "twinnings" from about 1948/9 onwards, while the
first formal efforts (the Coal and Steel Treaty) followed in about 1951.
I suggested approaching the national French and German town twinning
associations for a list of such twinnings with the inauguration dates,
and then follow these up with the town halls and museums of the towns
with the earliest twinning agreements.

OK? (Quite innocent really!!).

Patrick Boylan