From:
MR JAY S SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:56:05 -0500
Emily:

Conflict of Interest is a tough call on some matters.
Sometimes it is best to err onthe conservative side and
avoid the "appearance" of conflict of interest even if the
reality is that no such conflict is occurring.  Recently,
our board of directors voted not to ask a local antique
dealer to become a board memer so as to avoid any potetial
appearance of conflict of interest.  My feelingis that the
Board acted appropriately, even though the person would have
made an excellent board member.

Jay Smith
Reno County Museum
Hutchinson, Kansas