From:
Anne Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:14:04 -0500
The least expensive barrier for your - presumably not acid free -
cardboard tubes would probably be aluminum foil. If you covered it with
muslin, it would protect it from being torn as well as giving your
textiles an extra bit of padding and serving to help keep them from
sliding around on the rolls.
Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
704-568-1774, ext 110

Winter Featured Events and Exhibits:

Celtic Traditions Festival,

December 11, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Colonial Christmas at the Alexander Homesite,

December 18, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.

Scots-Irish 12th Night Celebration,

 January 8, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

"Vecinos: Neighbors"

Opening, January 15, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Stitched from the Soul: The Farmer-James

Collection of African-American Quilts,

on exhibit until March 2005

Solving the Rock House Mysteries, now on exhibit

For information on these and all other events,

please call (704) 568-1774

or visit us online at www.charlottemuseum.org