From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2017 22:20:37 +0000
I recently retired from a great little museum. I've learned a lot from these two lists. Thanks to the people who manage tthem and to all of you who shared good information in answer to my questions, and other questions that were relevant to my work and my museums.

So my position is now available. Lost City Museum's main focus is the Ancestral Pueblo People of Southern Nevada with a little local pioneer history. You must apply through State of Nevada Job's. https://nvapps.state.nv.us/NEATS/Recruiting/ViewAnnouncement.aep?recruitmentId=30627. If the web address doesn't work, look up State of Nevada Jobs.

The front gallery of what is now the Lost City Museum was constructed in 1935 by the CCC for the Park Service as their headquarters and to hold artifacts that were being excavated from the ancient sites. Excavations were done in the mid 1920s under Mark Harrington, and again in the mid 1930s before Lake Mead covered the area. It was turned over to the State of Nevada in 1953 and in 1979 became one of the seven museum managed by the State Of Nevada.

It appears that the new web site has not been completely launched. However, there are many references in a google search. There is also a FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/Lostcitymuseum/.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about working and living in Southern Nevada, but please send no applications or resumes to me.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Former Director now collections volunteer
Lost City Museum
Overton, NV