From:
Cheryl Munyer Branyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:28:37 -0600
There is a great book called "We Were Marching On Christmas Day" that is
about Civil War era Christmas and contains  a lot of images from the cover
of Harpers Weekly and other period magazines and newspapers that show scenes
like families at home around the Christmas tree or at the dining table and
by looking at the background of those prints, you can see a lot of period
decorations.  I have the book at home and don't remember the author's name.
I purchased my copy from the "USS Constellation" museum gift shop in
Baltimore, Maryland.

Cheryl Munyer Branyan
Branch Director
Historic Jefferson College
Mississippi Department of Archives and History
P.O. Box 700
Washington, MS 39190
601/442-2901   fax: 601/442-2902
www.mdah.state.ms.us