From:
"Diane M. Zorich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:48:15 -0800
>>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 12:26:15 -0400
>>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>>From: [log in to unmask] (Jill Lesser)
>>To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: TIIAP Funding--ALERT
>>        [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask]),
>>        [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
>>

>>As most of you know, the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee approved
>>to completely defund TIIAP. We are trying to get the program put back
>>in the appropriations bill in the full committee, which will be
>>considering it TOMORROW.
>>
>>The most critical Senator who needs to hear from constituents is
>>Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire. If you are from New Hampshire
>>or have constituents from New Hampshire please call his office at
>>(202) 224-3324 and ask him to put $21.5 million in TIIAP funds for
>>FY 97 back into the Commerce Appropriations bill. If you are not from
>>NH or you don't know anyone from NH please contact your Senator,
>>especially if they are on the Appropriations Committee.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>Jill Lesser

FYI -- This program has provided funding for telecommunications projects
for many cultural organizations over the last two years. Within the museum
community, beneficiaries have included the Consortium or the Computer
Interchange of Museum Information (CIMI) and a consortium of natural
history museums.

Diane Zorich
MCN Government Affairs Liaison