From:
Francis French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:29:07 -0800
Not sure of their student connections, but San Bernardino County Museum have
an impressive history and archaeology collection at their main site and
outlying historic buildings. They are only a 40-minute drive west along the
10 freeway. They are at:

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/museum/

Also off the 10, in the Beaumont / Banning area, only about 15 miles west of
Palm Springs, there is a small museum on the Morongo Indian Reservation
there. A tiny place, but worth seeing as an example of a history museum run
by the people it concerns. It is at:

http://www.malkimuseum.org/

Hope this helps.

Francis French
Education Programs Coordinator
Reuben H Fleet Science Center
PO Box 33303, San Diego, California 92163
www.rhfleet.org
Tel: (619) 238 1233 ext: 808
Fax: (619) 685 5771
E-mail: [log in to unmask]