Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 09:03:25 +0100
Dear List Members and potential Visitors!
After a few month break due to renovation of the building
the Hungarian National Museum opened its gates, new exhibitions
and extended Web-pages for anybody interested. The museum and
the new exhibitions are also armed with multimedia facilities
including English and German text.
Current exhibitions are:
Coronation Insignia
'Thou have Brought our Ancestors' - the legacy of the
conquering Magyars (Hungarians). The apropo for this exhibition
and a number of cultural events is the 1100th anniversary of
the Hungarian Conquest.
Parallel to the exhibitions, 3 new (and very beautiful)
CD-ROMs were published, on the coronation insignia, the
material of the Department of Arms and photos from Late 19th
Century Hungary. I am only glad to mediate your interest, but
you can turn directly to Chief Librarian Endre Toth in the
Museum.
All visitors are welcome, virtual and real at the Museum and its
home page:
http://origo.hnm.hu/

TBK
T. Biro Katalin