From:
Pamela Feltus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:21:12 -0500
The whole trend of early-pc dolls on the late 70s for those of us not allowed to play with Barbies, baby dolls, EX Bake ovens, GI Joe, military aircraft models, commercial tie-ins (like Star Wars toys)  and other such "bad toys"

After the Sunshine Family and their canopied family bicycle grew out of favour, I graduated to Dusty dolls- she was like Barbie, but she had a strong, athletic figure, flat feet and frizzy hair. She had no evening gowns and had to wear platform shoes for heels. Boy I hated her...

but that would be an interested shift to study- the growing non-popularity of "bad" toys promoting sexual stereotypes or violence. And why despite best efforts, those toys are among the most popular today.

Pamela Feltus
Historian
The History Factory