Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 21:41:59 GMT
Hi all,

Not sure who's on this list, but here goes with a question we need answered.

We're starting up a small museum here in NH, and in addition to buying larger
prints as genuine Ciba or Ektacolor murals, we plan to do a lot of our
graphics with an Epson 3000 inkjet printer, using fade-resistant Lysonic
inks.

My question is this: our standard panel size is probably going to be 16 x 36
inches. We've looked at a Daige machine that will do combination mounting
*and* UV liquid-lam coating for a bit over $1000. I know from all the murals
we buy that there are far more expensive machines that lay down a nice coat
of MacTac or Filmolux polyester or vinyl roll goods on top of whatever needs
to be protected.

We expect to output the graphics (heavy to text) on uncoated paper like
Superfine or Dulcet, then mount onto 3/16 foam board. If we can get a
sheet-goods overlam machine, then I hopw we'll be able to do wrapped edges,
rather than having them all trimmed flush. In a number of cases, we will be
"tiling" the images so they're composites of several prints.

Could any of you provide us with a name or two or three of vendors from whom
we might buy small machines to do this sort of mounting and overlamming.
Recommendations/war stories?

Thanks,

Bruce