From:
Theresa Devine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:20:02 -0600
what a nightmare - do you realize the kind of programming you are asking
for?

do you realize the cost of the programming you are asking for?

websites are the way they are because people run out of money to change
them. and they don't listen to the developer - they just want what they
want and they DON'T CARE what the most efficient way of designing the
site in terms of graphics or functionality.

the clients that I work for RARELY think of anyone but themselves when
they are in the development process.

when I design a site - I design it to the person in the middle of
nowhere on a Mac using Netscape 3.0 with 15 inch screen set at 640 x 480
on a dial up connection that is 14.4 -  this is the worst case scenario.
put in a text version for the blind (thank you for teaching me this) and
that is all you can do.

there are limitations to communicate to the infinite. the technology is
impressive but limited. this is not star trek. this is reality.