From:
Ware Petznick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:15:10 -0600
Dear Margaret

My best advice to you is to be persistent. In my case, I thought that I
had more than enough experience and education to find a museum position
as soon as I graduated with a doctorate... but I was wrong. I served
internships, secured contract work wherever I could and persisted. Now,
I am the very fortunate curator of a wonderful AAM accredited historic
house museum.

If you are as dedicated as you appear to be, you will get there. As far
as the MBA is concerned, I do not see how any experience would be a
count against you. Certainly if you aim to be in development or museum
administration, an MBA would be a major bonus. If your aim is to work
with collections or interpretation, then an MBA would not directly
assist your applications.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me off-list.

Best,
Ware

NB It took me four years, much unemployment and terrible temp jobs to
get me where I am today! HANG IN THERE!

L.W.S. Petznick, Ph.D.
McFaddin-Ward House
Curator of Collections