From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:04:05 -0500
Steel toed shoes are really only helpful in collection storage or exhibition situations where people are frequently using pallet jacks, lifting boxes, climbing ladders or moving heavier things that can potentially smush toes. Otherwise I think requiring closed toes and flat rubber sole would be general enough to enable personnel to be safe from slipping and prevent damage to the structure.