From:
"K. S. Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:25:33 -0800
>By the way, someone pointed out to me that hacking Netscape is illegal.

You don't actually need to hack netscape to put into a basic kiosk mode.
Under windows, start that kiosk from the Run command thusly:

"netscape.exe -k"

It will remove all controls and buttons.

On the Macintosh, it's even better because Netscape will take commands via
applescript that can be triggered by HAP buttons.  For details on creating
a nice stable kiosk on the Macintosh, please refer to my unfinished web
page.

<http://www.kempf.com/kiosk/>

-ken

Ken Williams                                       [log in to unmask]
Computer Services Coordinator                       [log in to unmask]
Pacific Science Center                                  Seattle,  WA
                         <http://www.pacsci.org/>
                         <http://www.kempf.com/>