From:
Wesley Creel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:58:12 -0400
Good Afternoon All,
I am looking for some success stories.
1.  Background:  Our Board of Trustees has a standing committee called
Program Committee.  Its purpose is to, "...serve as a communications link
between the corporation and the Museum System departments,.....(and) shall
seek to supply, through the Corporation, fincancial support and volunteer
labor to assist in Museum System programs and operations."  I am the
liaison to this committee and represent the departments I direct (e.g.
Collections, Exhibits, IMAX Theater, Planetarium, Mansion Theater,
Education, Historic Properties, a nature center, and a fossil research
center).
2.  Envisioned Outcome:  We are looking for ways to improve the efficiency
and effectiveness of this committee.  Do any museums or similiar
organizations have a similiar Board committee and would you be willing to
share any success stories, increasing the effectiveness and efficiencies
of such a committee?  We don't need a committee that comes up with new
ideas for the staff....we are looking for committee outcomes that helps
the staff achieve the Museum System's Program goals and objectives
I look forward to hearing about your successes......
Thanks,
Wesley

Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs