From:
Greg Koos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:44:03 -0600
Hi,
The experience at our museum is that service fees to schools for out reach and admissions is a barrier to the schools regardless of the fee level. Classroom and student budgets are not that flexible.

We have also learned that education of children in heritage issues is the most compelling aspect of our operation which stimulates charitable gifts. Small and midsize museums are far better off financialy if they ask donors to support thier eudcation programs over almost any other aspect of programmatic costs. Donors wnat to see kids turned on to history. They will give to make this happen.

Greg Koos
McLean County Museum of History
Bloomington IL