From:
Abby J Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:35:13 -0500
Hi Museum-L-ers:

I am a graduate student doing some research on different flowers and their
associations throughout art history.  I am currently working on the sunflower
and seeking some lesser-known examples.  I am particularly interested in 16-17th
Dutch still lifes and genre scenes and examples from early American folk art.

If you have any examples in your collections or know of any in the collections
of other museums, could you please e-mail them to me off-list?  Also, any
textual information regarding sunflowers myths or symbolism would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Abby Allen
Graduate Student