From:
marie maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 22:23:30 GMT
Well I wasn't all that forthcomming with info but maybe a bit more will
give you an idea of all the mess this involves.
The museum is the National Sports Gallery (I think that's the proper name)
somewhere in the MCI Arena.  The problem is that it is sponsored by MCI
and actually run by another organization, whose main activty is feeding
people. Another complication is that as far as the museum is concerned it
is just renting the space in the arena so there may be some legal
complications with advertising.

Yes, I do agree with everyone that getting the word out about one's museum
or gallery is key.  Now I have a better idea about this and when I see my
friend I'll tell him his place is DOOMED!! without advertisement.

ReidArden ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: No it's not just you.It sounds like a closure waiting to happen. I recently
: responded to another posting lamenting a science museum closure here in
: Baltimore. Same thing... no advertisement, no clearly defined presence in the
: community, and expectations that people were would just show up and drop the
$8
: to get in.
: Maybe more observations like your own will help us all look at things
: differntly in the future in regards to getting the public into such places.
: Hope it helps
: Reid

--
M Marie Maxwell