Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:23:32 -0400
Winterthur is outside of Wilmington, Delaware and has a huge collection of
all American decorative arts - Southern included.  It was originally the
collection of Dupont who collected entire rooms and had them placed in this
mansion in Delaware.

And Christine - thanks you for the floating pen contact - I received them and
they are great!

Nancy Knechtel

<<Hello everyone!

Last night a friend asked me which museum in the south specializes in
southern decorative arts.  She remembered it as being sort of a
Winterthur of the south and thought it might be in North Carolina.  I
hadn't a clue, but I told her I knew how to find out!  So how 'bout
it, can anybody help?

Thanks!

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, Iowa  52358