From:
Steven Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:48:40 -0500
Doug,

We rent transparencies (ours tend to be 8"x10") for a period of three
months for $125.00.  We will extend the loan period, but most people
don't request this.  It is hard to keep track of the orders since they
have to return the transparency, but I don't think we would ever consider
selling them outright since they are so expensive to produce (aside from
the issue of losing control over reproductions of the image -- although I
think this issue tends to be somewhat overblown).  I hope this helps.

With every good wish,

Steven R. Smith
Art Collection
Harvard Law School