From:
Robert Lopata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:23:08 PST
In my brief experience with historical museums and sites I have found
that one major problem is the increasing dependence on facilities
rentals and non-museum events for revenue.

When someone rents an historic site for a wedding, or holiday party they
certainly are not concerned primarily with the safety of the collections
or facility. Couple this with the fact that many of these sites were
never designed for events of this type and lack of reliable funding to
maintain a site properly and you have a real problem.

Rob Lopata