From:
"Lori L. Erickson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:46:29 -0800
At 12:01 PM 3/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Joanne:
>
>A few years ago, an art museum in the U.S. Pacific Northwest used a
>large image of a "flasher" - a man (seen from a rear view) in a raincoat
>and hat (legs bare - wearing socks and shoes) holding his raincoat open
>to a very young girl standing in front of him and looking at him.  The
>caption was "Expose Yourself to Art."
>
>I believe the man who posed for the photo was the Mayor of the City at
>the time.
>
>Kind Regards
>
>Roger Wulff
>Museum Services International

Mr. Wulff,

        This photo was not quite as controversial as you made it seem, due
to the fact that the man (who was the mayor of Portland, Oregon at the time)
was actually exposing himself to a bronze statue of a woman, and not to a
little girl. Hence the title "Expose Yourself to Art." It was intended as a
joke, and I'm sure the bronze statue wasn't offended.

Regards,
Lori Erickson
Oregon Museum of Science and Industry