From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 08:16:38 -0500
Thought this conference on virtual communities might be of interest to
the list since it has the online element of the New School DIAL program.

RM

        LIFE, SEX, AND DEATH IN THE DIGITAL WORLD

Co-sponsored by Creative Time, The New School, and Thread Waxing Space
        Tishman Auditorium, The New School, 66 West 12th St
        (between 5th and 6th Avenues, first floor)
        for information: 212-229-5353

                Tuesday, 23 April 7 pm - $8

'Cyber-hype abounds and our seduction by cyberspace is virtually
irresistible, but we must chart this new terrain with care and
knowledge. This series brings together practitioners and thinkers who
offer diverse views on the new digital universe. Each of these programs
is followed by a free, week-long online dialogue conducted on the World
Wide Web through the New School's DIAL (Distance Instruction for Adult
Learning) program.  (http://dialnsa.edu)'

April 23 - 'On Virtual Communities: Do the new networks build a virtual
fence between neighbors and lead toward a demise of human interaction?
Or
are we looking to an exciting era of advanced social networking,
dialogue
and communication and unrestricted communication? Featuring online
conversations with participants from around the world, this conference
session will discuss online communities and relationships and how these
are resulting in social realignments everywhere.'
With Alan Sondheim (moderator), Lisa Brawley, Heather Wagner, Michael
Holman, Shawn Wilbur

with connections to PMC2 MOO; telnet hero.village.virginia.edu 7777

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com