From:
Angela Kipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:34:19 +0100
Whenever I feel hungry I go to the website of my favorite Italian
restaurant. After watching the photos of their delicious dishen on
their online menu I feel so full that I don't want to go there
anymore.  ;-)

On a more serious note, the likeliness of people to take a look at
online tours of galleries and interactive
exhibits prior to their visit is relatively likely, 61% according to
Paul F. Marty, "Museum Websites and Museum Visitors: Before and After
the Museum Visit", less likely than searching for basic visiting
information, but, which surprised me, more likely than online
educational activities and learning resources (43.2%). What surprised
me, too, was that the interest in online tours of galleries and
interactive
exhibits stayed relatively high when visiting the website after the
museum visit 53.8%. The full study can be found here:
http://marty.ci.fsu.edu/preprints/marty_mmc_2007.pdf

Best wishes
Angela

Angela Kipp