From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:48:48 -0600
If you only claimed title to the 3000 objects and didn't accession them,
then technically you don't need to go through your museum's deaccession
process.   I, however,  would suggest you check with either upper
administration or Board of Trustees to see if they interpret your policy the
same way.   BTW the law does not recognize accessioned versus
non-accessioned -- that's just an internal distinction subject to each
museum's own policy.  The law only looks at legal title and whether what you
do complies with your Board approved policy.

Janice Klein
Director
Mitchell Museum of the American Indian