From:
Robyne Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:52:54 -0800
It's always so amusing to me when I see people complain about the number of
postings, etc. on these lists.  I find it especially amusing coming from
Museum folk.  Can I come in to your place and tell you that you have way too
much text on your signage, or that I don't like the content of your exhibits
so please, cut back?

Here's the "duh" statement: If you don't like something, don't read it...
use your delete button often.  Read the subjects and simply read what
appeals to you... And for crying out loud, if you actually have time to read
every single thing on this list, then I don't see how on earth you are doing
the rest of your job!

Sincerely,

Robyne, who has 518 unread messages from this list in my inbox, happily
waiting to be read or purged at my leisure.

PS- Speaking of censorship, I watched the movie/documentary "Dirty Pictures"
last night, on the Cinncinati/Robert Mapplethorpe scandal.  This is a
fabulous watch, and a must-see for ANY museum professional!!!
--
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not
to think at all." - Hypatia