From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:28:44 -0700
A number of the questions of late relational to grants and other
nonprofit-type questions that you seem to seek answers for are handled
regularly on the Charity Channel forums.  There is Grants, Charity
Law, Charity Software, Charity Talk, Planned Giving (I think) and a
number of others.  Some of them can be found on this web site.  You
have to dig, but the enrollment info is there:

http://www.NeoSoft.com:80/internet/paml/byname-0.html

Gayle Montgomery
Southern California

---Janet Seapker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are developing an ethics policy for the board, staff and
volunteers.
> Questions have arisen for which I have found no answers.  If you have
> experience, informantin opinions, please respond to :

> Items offered for sale by staff or board members from their personal
> collections:
>
>      Is the item required to be offered to the museum at the original
> acquisition price or     fair market value?
>
>      How do you handle the disposition of an item offered for sale
that was
> a gift?
>
>      Is the policy retroactive?
>
> Limit trustees filing statements disclosing personal, business and/or
> organizational interests or affiliations and those of family members
> immediate family?
>
> How would the statements be affected by the Freedom of Information
Act?

> What policy/procedures should be in place to self-police the ethics
policy?

> Thanks,
>
> Janet K. Seapker
> Cape Fear Museum