From:
"Nancy J. Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 05:19:40 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Mark Tomlinson) wrote:

>Hi all -

>We're currently negotiating with WOW! from Compuserve for their use of
>some of our photographs on their proprietary on-line service.

>We've never charged anything for this before, but they're willing to
>pay, and we of course are cash-strapped, so...

>Can anybody provide some guidance on this process?  What are typical
>licensing fees for use of photos?

>Any help via post, e-mail, mail, or phone would be appreciated.

>Thanks

>Mark

>--
>Mark Tomlinson, Executive Director
>Rachel Carson Homestead
>613 Marion Avenue
>Springdale PA 15144
>(412) 274-5459
>http://www.lm.com/~markt/rachel/carson.html

>--
>Mark Tomlinson, Executive Director
>Rachel Carson Homestead
>613 Marion Avenue
>Springdale PA 15144
>(412) 274-5459
>http://www.lm.com/~markt/rachel/carson.html

find out who else they're buying pictures from, and ask them
what they're paying the other folks; then contact the other
people yourself and verify.  tell "WOW" up front that you
don't know what is fair, but will be verifying their
reported facts. being good-naturedly ingenuous gets you
futher, in the long run, than being craftily
pseudo-sophisticated.

"Bein' middle-aged and old takes up
most of your time, doesn't it?"
        Ringo Starr