From:
Erika Namaka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:02:59 -0500
$5 a year is a steal!!! =)

Where I worked previously, a membership form was provided for the visitor to
fill out and we accepted payment along with the form. We gave them a day
pass and said their official card would be sent to them within a few days in
the mail. Their names were then put on a list at the desk and in the meantime
if they needed to come back to the museum before their card arrived, the
receptionist would have their name on hand and give them free admission
after verifying ID.

As for 60 students arriving at once! This was considered an "self guided" tour
and something of this nature would have been booked with the education
department in advance (for the price of normal student admission). Having 60
students arrive at once unannounced, depending on the size of your museum,
could be a distraction to other school/adult tours, exhibition installations in
progress or other events going on in the galleries. Having the school groups
register in advance gave the entire museum staff a heads up.  This is
something that should probably go on the website under admissions and tours.

Just my two cents...
Good luck!

Erika Namaka
Collections Curator/Registrar