From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 16:59:58 -0400
Not to repeat Mr. Rebernik's recitation, but all through my life I have
wondered why military museums glorify war by not calling attention to the
atrocity of all of the paraphernalia involved.  Resplendent uniforms are
certainly works of art, and those who wore them deserve to be proud.  But if
we ignore the "why" of it all, then we're simply celebrating war.