From:
Matthew Mangarella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:57:12 -0800
Yes, my thesis has something to do with Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Seneca Falls Convention of 1848 and the affect of the women's rights movement after this. Hillary Murtha suggested this about my thesis:

"Be aware that Stanton is a figure who has received a lot of attention from historians, so that you want both to know what has already been said about her, and to bring something new to the discussion."

Seneca Falls which is consider probably one of the beginnings of Stanton's public career in women's rights was something that has a lot of scholarly attention to.

A professor at Penn State who is a scholarly expert about Stanton suggested:

"For one thing, you don't mention what your particular angle/contribution about Stanton is. And there has been a lot written since you wrote your thesis. "

"while I'm sure there is lots of room for historians to continue to
debate and discuss the topic, I don't know what to advise about your
particular thesis."

What is anybody's thoughts out there about Stanton, I never knew she was a heavily scholarly figure that got a lot of attention especially when it comes to women's rights? Should I continue to think about doing post-thesis work about it or not?

Matt