Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:53:50 -0600
The John Wornall House Museum in Kansas City, Missouri is in the middle exciting organizational change.  In November 1998, the Jackson County Historical Society membership approved a resolution which will give autonomy to the Museum, separating it from the Historical Society's current ownership.  A new 501(c)(3) corporation is being set up which will be responsible for directing the Museum.

We are in the midst of drawing up corporate by-laws for the new non-for-profit and would appreciate hearing from Museum-L members (specifically house museums) on these issues:
1)  What is your current board structure?  i.e., Officers?  President, etc.
2) What are the responsibilities of these officers?
3) Also, has your current Board structure changed over time since incorporation?

I would be happy to receive your replies either via e-mail or via regular mail.  My personal email is: [log in to unmask]  The Museum's address is:  The John Wornall House Museum, 146 W. 61st Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64113.  Or - call me at 816-444-1858.

Thank you all in advance.

Becky Fye
Director