From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:15:12 -0800
These are a known hoax, and these dastardly people are
working their way around the web.  Seems to me I got
something comparable about a month ago.

--- Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Also, regarding these emails -- a colleague here
> (not on this list) received
> two weird emails supposedly from a Nigerian trying
> to get her bank account
> numbers -- the emails referred to a deposed ruling
> family and many billions
> of dollars that could be hers if she gave out
> personal info. The Secret
> Service is tracking these, and wants copies of them
> faxed to their offices
> (my cowroker has done this).  I think you can find
> out more if you put
> "Nigeria spam" into a search engine.
>
> Candace Perry
> Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center
> Ekwonwa, offering me a
> large sum of money from a South African diamond mine
> in exchange for my US
> passport and other consideration.  This is obviously
> a very clumsy attempt
> at a con game, and I will be forwarding the message
> to our Security Dept.
> so they may take the appropriate measures.
>
> I don't know how they got my work e-mail, but
> Museum-L is one of the few
> places it gets seen by a wide audience.  Forwarned
> is forearmed.
>
> -- Eugene Dillenburg
> Exhibit Developer and Not as Dumb as He Looks
> Science Museum of Minnesota

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed
> information about the listserv commands by sending a
> one line e-mail message
> to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "help"
> (without the quotes).
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02