Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:23:02 -0500
Heather-Marie,
    When I first read your e-mail about the Whitman's box, I ran upstairs
and grabbed a wood candy box that I have and that I thought might be the
same. I saw your images and realized it was not the same, but I have a gut
feeling that the Whitman's label is genuine and original to it.  In spite of
the differences in our boxes, I took photos and posted them as below,
because it might confirm that wood, novelty candy boxes were available. This
box seems to be all wood, but it is surprisingly heavy, so perhaps something
else is going on inside of it:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lkranieri/CandyBox.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lkranieri/CandyBoxOpen.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lkranieri/CandyBoxLogo.JPG